- Our purpose is to... complete with the following primary goals:
- Develop a strategy/plan for user and contributor growth in APAC
- Budget planning for APAC (per country as well as the whole region) events/activities in FY2018 (March 2017 - February 2018)
- In addition, we will attempt to complete the following secondary goals as time allows:
- Feedback/comments from APAC Ambassadors
Important skills (for participants)
- We are welcome people who involved to (writers or co-writers) budget planning process in APAC in the last two years. Ref: Ambassadors/APAC/Budget#References
- But we encourage people who are new but really active in their home countries to come to share and learn more experience then they can implement scheduled events/activities in their country
|Attendee||Arrival||Departure||Estimated travel cost||Funding request||Approved Amount||Accommodation||Food|
|1. Izhar Firdaus||-||local||-||N/A|
|2. Sirko Kemter||-||250$|
|3. Truong Anh Tuan||-||$410||#239|
|4. SUN Ziqian(zsun)*||-||$400||#240||Non-spicy food if possible|
|5. Danishka Navin||08 Jul, 19:15||10 Jul, 23:05||$100||#243||Y|
|6. Prasad Pandit||09 Jul, 07:10 hrs.||10 Jul, 19:00 hrs.||$276.47||#241||Y||Vegetarian|
* If other ambassador from Great China want to join, you can kindly reject zsun
- Completed work item
- Registration of participation in person
- Work out budget
Decide on Dates and Location
- Arrange Facilities
- List Resources
- Arrange Lodging
- Arrange Refreshments
- Arrange a Social Event
Date and Place
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Date: 9-10 July 2016
- Place: No. 160-4-7, Kompleks Maluri, Jalan Jejaka, Taman Maluri, 55100 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Time: 9am-5pm
Travel and VISA Information
Please refer this link to find if you need VISA to enter Malaysia.
Airport to City Center
There are 2 international airport KL, which is the main KLIA and the budget terminal, KLIA2. Travelers using AirAsia and several other budget airlines would be arriving at KLIA2, while other major international airlines will be arriving at KLIA. Theres 3 options of transport from KLIA to City Center, which are: Train, Taxi, Bus.
Event venue will be at ABYRES office which is in Taman Maluri Cheras (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/FzVfyiGquCP2). Nearest LRT station is Pandan Jaya LRT on the Ampang Line (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/BdEgNAaxxvq) which is roughly 15 minutes walk away.
Option 1: KLIA to KL Sentral by Bus, LRT to Pandan Jaya
From the Airport, there is an airport bus service which connects KLIA and KLIA2 to KL Sentral. Fare is at MYR10 (~USD3) per trip (Link: http://www.klia.com.my/?m=airport&c=getting_around&id=1). From KL Sentral station, take the Ampang Line LRT to Pandan Jaya Station. Fare is approximately MYR3.60 (~USD1) per trip.
Option 2: KLIA to KL Sental by Train, LRT to Pandan Jaya
From the Airport, there is an express train service (KLIA Express) which connects KLIA and KLIA2 to KL Sentral. Fare is at MYR55 (~USD15) per trip (Link: http://www.klia.com.my/?m=airport&c=getting_around&id=1). From KL Sentral station, take the Ampang Line LRT to Pandan Jaya Station. Fare is approximately MYR3.60 (~USD1) per trip.
Option 3: KLIA to Venue by Taxi
Fare for airport taxi is by zone. Please make sure that you book your taxi from taxi booking counter to avoid being cheated by the taxi drivers. Fare to Taman Maluri, Cheras zone is approximately MYR80-100 for daytime and approximately MYR120-150 for night time. Provide the address to the taxi driver to minimize complications.
|20160528||Proposed list of participants. Ticket creation and travel budget estimation|
|20160604||Accommodation location confirmation|
|20160611||Ticket approval & Final confirmation of list of participants. Flight booking starts|
|20160625||Flight & accommodation booking dateline|
|20160706-07||Eid holiday (Major tasks must settle before this date as KL side will be less responsive)|
Aeon Shopping Mall is about 1.2km from the office. Snack supplies can be bought there.
Lunch/Dinner: Details go here.
Multiple restaurants and fast food outlets available within 600m from the venue. Choices includes:
- Indian Muslim restaurants
- Malay food (though likely to be closed due to Eid)
- Fast food (KFC, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Dominos)
Fast food provide delivery to venue. However, vegetarian options is lacking. For vegetarian meals, indian muslim restaurants are best bet
KLCC is approximately 6KM from the venue and is another option to grab dinner.
|Stuff||Estimated per pax||Pax||Estimated||Actual||Notes|
|Accommodation||$50||10||$500||50USD per 2 pax per night. 2 nights|
|Foods and Drinks||$45||10||$450||15USD per day (breakfast + lunch + dinner). 3 days|