Every session needs a volunteer who will run the camera, watch the timer, and monitor IRC for Q&A (if it happens). We will be using laptops running Fedora 24 and using GNOME Cheese to record the talks. We will not be recording hackfests or workshops.
By signing up for a session as a volunteer, you're committing to:
- Attending that session
- Please get there at least 5 minutes before your session to start the video stream
- Watching a timer and signalling the speaker (with signs) when he/she has 10, 5, and 0 minutes remaining.
If possible you should also try to:
- Make sure someone starts meeting recording in the irc channel for your room (#fedora-flock-RRR) using https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zodbot#Meeting_Functions (ie, #startmeeting sessionname)
- Ask them to also gateway questions and comments from IRC to the room/speaker as needed.
- Make sure they also #endmeeting when the session is complete.
NOTE: this person doesn't need to be you, just try and make sure there is someone.
You should not volunteer for a session where you are the speaker, or where you are giving a talk at the same time, or where you want to be in a separate session.
Just put your name beside the sessions that you want to volunteer for. Take as many as you want, but please, only one volunteer per session.
Remember, by doing this, you make it possible for the rest of the Fedora community to participate (and view for years to come). Thanks!
Transcription means typing the speaker's words and the questions and answers to the designated IRC room LIVE. If nobody volunteered for the transcription, just ask if anybody in the room would do it or do it yourself.