Creating a sample wiki to demonstrate GSoC 2012 application
- Name: Buddhike Kurera
- Email Address: bckurera AT fedoraproject DOT org
- Telephone: +1234567890
- Blog URL: http://ebckurera.wordpress.com
- Freenode IRC Nick: bckurera
NOTE: We require all students to blog about the progress of their project time to time.
You are strongly encouraged to register on the Freenode network and participate in our IRC channels. For more information and other instructions, see:
Please answer following questions.
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project?
- Because I like the Fedora project because Fedora is all about the Free Culture.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or with any another open source project as a contributor (if possible please add some references as well)?
- I work with some other FOSS projects as well (http://fossuser.lk/en/contributors/)
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations?
- Yeah, 2009 with xxxxx project
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2012 program, if yes, which team(s)/area(s), you are interested with?
- Yes, Package Maintainer
Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
- Because I am willing to contribute and support project though out my life time.
Please describe your proposal in detail. Include:
An overview of your proposal
- My intention is to create a sample wiki application to demonstrate those who are going to participate with GSoC 2012.
The need you believe it fulfills
- Just as a sample and a support to newbies for wiki editing.
Any relevant experience you have
- I am good at wiki ending, I love media wiki.
How do you intend to implement your proposal
- Just creating a demo application.
Final deliverable of the proposal at the end of the period
- A demo/sample GSoC 2012 application for fedora.
A rough timeline for your progress
- week 1 - start creating the wiki
- week 2 - creating wiki
- week x - xxxx
Any other details you feel we should consider
- Please click on the edit tab on the top to see the code.
Have you communicated with a potential mentor? If so, who?
- Yes, he is User:Bckurera