- Name: Om Bhallamudi
- Email Address: om DOT bhallamudi AT gmail DOT com
- IRC Nick: Ethcelon in freenode/oftc/mozilla
- GitHub: https://github.com/Ethcelon
- Blog URL: omb.svbtle.com
- FAS Account: Ethcelon
- Fedora userpage: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ethcelon
- Location: Visakhapatnam, India, UTC +5:30
- I am a third year Undergraduate computer science engineering student at GITAM University, Vizag, India.
- Testing is something I've learnt to love while contributing to Firefox-ui-tests, while I discovered Flask while writing tests and database code for centinel-server.
Questions & Answers
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project? I find fedora to be a good community with really helpful people. I want to be a part of this and contribute to the Fedora Project.
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora project or any other open source project as a contributor? I contribute to the Mozilla automation team:
I wrote some code for centinel-server:
This was the project that really got me into contributions.
I also opensource my own code:
Did you participate with the past GSoC programs, if so which years, which organizations? No I did not.
Will you continue contributing/ supporting the Fedora project after the GSoC 2015 program, if yes, which team(s), you are interested with?
Yes! I would am interested in working with the fedora-infra team.
Why should we choose you over other applicants?
Will you have any other time commitments, such as school work, another job, planned vacation, etc., during the duration of the program? My summer vacation starts from May and will go on till June end. I have 2 days of planned travel in the 3rd week of June. Apart from that I am willing to put 35-40 hours a week towards completing and deploying Shumgrepper.