- Name: Tummala Dhanvi
- FAS Account: Dhanvi
- Fedora userpage: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dhanvi (easy to guess!)
- Email Address: dhanvicse (at) gmail.com & dhanvi (at) fedoraproject.org
- Blog URL: https://dhanvi1.wordpress.com/
- Freenode IRC Nick: c0mrad3 , c0mrad3_ (is my bouncer)
- Code Forges (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.):
- https://gitlab.com/u/dhanvi I use gitlab for issue tracking of debian-ruby packaging https://gitlab.com/groups/debian-ruby/group_members
- https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/dhanvi/ just like https://dhanvi.fedorapeople.org/
- Social Media Accounts:
- Diaspora : https://diasp.in/people/b2faadc05e030133949e001a4acf2b98
- GNU Social : https://gnutan.xyz/dhanvi/
- I have listed most of my social Media here https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dhanvi#Contact
Questions to answer
Why do you want to work with the Fedora Project for GSoC ?
I chose Fedora as first OS that I installed into my laptop (off-course after removing windows 8) because I liked the Fedora Symbol very much (Fedora Design team has done a great job for doing the same). After when I came to know that the F means Infinite Freedom plus voice I always thought of contributing to the project.
- Improve my coding skills. (I am currently doing my computer science graduate so ability to build software is a skill must for me.)
- To be a part of the bigger community and Improve my communication skills (Ability to work with people from all over world and in different time zones is a big plus point for me)
- Opportunities with Red Hat (Who doesn't want to get paid for doing what they love to do!)
- Stipend by Google (Good enough to spend my summer coding without the need of taking money from my parents or working)
Do you have any past involvement with the Fedora Project or another open-source project as a contributor?
- I have recently joined the CommOps Team and working on couple of tickets right now
- I have joined the Security Team as a Apprentice
- I am one of the Mozilla Core Contributors.
- Here is my Mozillians Profile  just like our fedorapeople.org
- I have fixed bugs in many projects of Mozilla here 
- I am currently working with the Automation team and security team.
- I have also contributed to Mozilla in various other ways such as Firefox Student Ambassador Trainee level and done some non-coding things such as Bugs Triaging and
- I have done little bit of Ruby packaging in Debian
- I have fixed few coding style bugs in the Kernel using CheckPatch
- Git and other
Have you participated in GSoC in the past? If so, what year(s) and which organization(s)?
- No, this is the first time that I am applying for GSOC and I am very much exited about the same
Do you plan to continue contributing to the Fedora Project after GSoC? If yes, what sub-project(s) are you interested with?
- Yes I am very much interested in contributing to the Fedora Project after completing my GSoC. I am very much interested in Fedora Security team and I am already working with CommOps and am interested in Ambassadors and Campus Ambassadors.
Why should we choose you over other applicants?
- Strong believer in FREEdom software and privacy.
- Contributions to various Open Source organisations.
- Expertise in various domains Programming,Cyber security etc..
- Academic Scores : A+ in both Computer programming and Java Programming, and have at-least a grade of B+ (equivalent of A- in our University) in other core computer courses
- Hard Working nature and Enthusiasm to contribute
- Actively participate/volunteer for conferences in Open Source conferences in South India
Overview and The Need
Any relevant experience you have
As a contributor to glusterfs I have prior knowledge of the codebase,this would be helping me in integrating the new feature build for the geo-replication over the current features using C and Python wherever required.
How do you intend to implement your proposal
Refactoring will be done in the code base to a certain extent as discussed with the mentor and also the journaling feature - 'changelog' of glusterfs will be customised to serve the file-level synchronization.
A rough timeline for your progress
Any other details you feel we should consider
I have keen interest increasing my Fedora and FOSS contribution. I also possess good knowledge of the project's codebase and I have been in regular touch with my mentor since path 2 months. link title