(moving discussion to talk page, as Policy page call requests)
(noting that this is still a draft in progress)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 00:54, 29 June 2008
Making wiki pages?
Want to know how to name them in the New World of MediaWiki?
This page tells you how we want the wiki structured, when it comes to creating new pages or moving around old content.
Consistency is good, it instills a sense of confidence in to the reader. These rules and the Help:Editing rules are designed to use MediaWiki features, match Fedora Project needs,
Use this for naming new pages and areas. Also use it for planning where to move nested content migrated from the old wiki.
End-user focused pages
These are pages focused on end-users of all levels, beginner to highly experienced. These are pages not specifically under a subProject or SIG.
- Name pages within a single, flat namespace; do not use directory-like hierarchies:
- no : SIGs/Foo/Meetings
- yes : Foo_SIG_Meetings
Project and SIG focused pages for contributors
These are pages focused on contributors who are working in one or more areas of Fedora. Some content may be end-user focused but belong within the project/SIG for reference. The content here is divided by one nesting level.
- Put pages in the single nested level
- no : SIGs/ISV/Join
- yes : ISV_SIG/Join
- Content within the single nesting should be in a flat namespace
- no : EPEL_FAQ_/PackageMaintainer/GenericJobDescription
- yes : EPEL/FAQ
- yes : EPEL/Package_Maintainer_Generic_Job_Description
- Capitalize first letter of first word, leave the rest lower case: "Like this"
- Use as many categories as needed that make sense:
- The category pages are the aggregation pages. Point to them prominently as the way to find all of something on a topic/within a category.