At Flock 2015, we started talking about instituting periodic events where we would stop working on new features and bugfixes, and work instead on addressing technical debt. The discussion continued in November and we had our first one in the first week of January, Tuesday through Friday, January 5th-8th.
We assessed that experience and decided to do a second one, this time more focused on just documentation. Currently scheduled for March 8th through March 14th 2016.
We're going to have a brief sync-up meeting in #fedora-admin every day that week at 16:00 UTC.
Things to work on
- Our wiki space
- The infra-docs repo (the SOPs) at https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/
- CSI vars in the ansible repo.
- Diagrams for how some applications work (badges, bodhi, pagure, bugyou, etc..)
- Inline code comments in any of our applications.
- Dig through all our ticket trackers looking for old docs-related requests we haven't been able to get to.
- find and clean up any references to puppet in infra-docs -- https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/5128
- SOP for FMN missing -- https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4525
- Review and test new docs written by others.
Add links to things that got done here: