fedorahosted.org was retired on March 1st, 2017. If you are viewing this page, odds are it's after that date and you have been redirected here by attempting to go to some project on fedorahosted.org. If you are a user of a project formerly hosted at fedorahosted.org, please search for the new home the project you are interested in likely has. If you are a maintainer of a project formerly hosted at fedorahosted.org and need your data to migrate, see below.
fedorahosted.org was set up in late 2007 as a location to host svn, git, hg, and bzr projects. The trac wiki and issue tracker was used for issues and project planning. Groups for each project were managed in the Fedora Account System, and via a wrapper, scp/sftp uploads of releases was supported. Many of the projects there were closely related to Fedora, but not all of them. For many years fedorahosted thrived.
Reasons for retirement
- Over the last few years there have been almost 0 new projects added to fedorahosted.org. This shows not much interest by the developer community.
- fedorahosted.org uses trac 0.12 (a Long term release), but upstream is very behind on newer releases. (The next 0.12 bugfix is 18 months behind schedule and the next 1.0 stable is 4 months late as of this writing). Newer trac and all it's plugins would need to be packaged for a new release.
- A fair bit of technical debt has piled up over the years: fedorahosted.org is running rhel6 is not in ansible (our CM) and isn't distributed in any way.
- The 'fedorahosted.org' domain and using fas groups to manage committers has tied fedorahosted.org to Fedora, causing some projects issues.
- If you are a maintainer who needs data off the old fedorahosted.org instance, please file an issue in https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/ with your request. Please be clear what data you want (trac db, git repo, other) and how you want us to get the data to you.
- We are also happy to setup redirects for your project to a new location. Just file a issue in https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure and we will try and help you out.
- If you are a user of a project formerly at fedorahosted.org, please check https://pagure.io/ for the project, it may have moved there.
- lists.fedorahosted.org will continue to work and exist for the future.
Other code / issue hosting sites
If you are looking for another site to migrate to, there's all of these out there:
- https://pagure.io - Our fedorahosted replacement.