Community Architecture Meeting :: Monday 2008-07-28
- Hyperic -- Jeremy Hogan is the community manager. He has paid somebody to build RPMs for hyperic. Potential future communication here in the Java Packaging front.
- JasperSoft -- Karsten and Jennifer Venable, they know what their next steps are
- Concrete Five -- CMS that we'll help get into Fedora
- Ingres -- community version potentially forthcoming, lots of legacy stuff that makes it hard for them to become LSB compliance.
- Plain Black
- Sugar CRM -- couldn't find anyone technical at this show to talk to.
- Zimbra -- met John Robb, their VP of Marketing; Karsten to meet Engineering folks in Sunnyval
- OpenJDK -- met Dalibor Topic, former Kaffe hacker now leading the OpenJDK team
- Digium -- Mark Spencer and Todd (Community Manager)
- They want to do a case study about our use of Asterisk.
- A few projects we talked to but didn't discuss in this CommArch meeting
- Mifos, micro finance server/system
- Apress, talked with them about using Fedora content as upstream with them embedding writers and editors in the project
- Drupal -- they said howdy, we discussed CMS and anti-PHP sentiment; Karsten received a follow-up email from them to talk further about Drupal and Fedora Infrastructure
- Inveneo -- Greg said howdy?
- Mozilla -- Blizzard said howdy
- OW2 -- someone stopped by and talked with someone, nothing captured?
Lead tracking is an internal CommArch concern that we need to address.
Greg mentions the troubles of a "get everything into Fedora/EPEL" policy as the one-size-fits-all ISV strategy.
ACTION: Max puts Jack in touch with News Council.
- Open Source Education panel -- Jack made various introductions.
- Open High School in Utah
- Denise Cooper -- works for Intel, on OSI board.
- Karl Fogel
ACTION: Updated .edu deck by end of week from Jack.
Greg suggests making FSOSS in Toronto our big kick-off for all of this. October 23-24. Seneca, .edu strategy, CMU.
Oregon State University -- Jeff Sheltren (OSUOSL)
- LinuxWorld as the assembly point for the kit.
- Global re-org in the works.
- Meeting w/ French Ambassadors team this Saturday, Aug. 2.
- FUDCon planning is going well. We need to sort out US travel.
- Requests for CD/DVDs for SFD 2008 (Sept 20 2008)
- Going to try for budget from RH APAC Marketing first.
- Goal is to have quarterly expenses finished -- that means everything is in the system, and Max has all the report numbers and dollar amounts -- by August 15th.
- Everything else in Q2 gates on OSCON. We can't make any decisions until we know Jack and Greg's OSCON expenses in full.
- OLPC Sprint?
- Greg's Boston trips?
- Max PTO. Out starting Tue. Aug. 5. Returns Wed. Aug. 13.