When OLPC starts their next Give 1 Get 1 program, there will be an option to purchase an upgrade that will allow users to run a standard Linux desktop, based on Fedora 10, on their XO system.
In order to make sure that this works properly, we need testers. And we are willing to swap testing time for (almost) free XOs.
Sound like fun? Want to participate? Here's what you do.
1. Add your name and contact info to the list below.
3. Install Fedora on said SD card. We will tell you how later.
4. Agree that you will spend at least 20 hours between now and late October testing Fedora on your XO, reporting your findings back to us in ways that we will make clear later.
5. Receive your (mostly) free XO. :)
That's it. You need to be moderately Linux-savvy -- know how to bring up a terminal, for instance -- but beyond that, you mostly need to be willing to put in the testing time and able to follow simple directions.
Add your name to the list below!
Fedora on XO Testing Volunteers
- Greg DeKoenigsberg (gdk at redhat dot com)
- Rahul Sundaram (email@example.com)
- James Laska (jlaska at redhat dot com)
- Joshua Daniel Franklin (joshuadfranklin at yahoo dot com)
- David Nalley (david at gnsa dot us)
- Eric Sandeen (sandeen at sandeen dot net)
- Rich Sharples (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brent Langston (brentley at brentley dot net)
- Jatin Nansi (jnansi at gmail dot com)
- Rodney Russ (rdruss4alt at gmail dot com)
- Trask Bryant Trojanek (email@example.com)
- Daniela Kugelmann (dkugelma at redhat dot com)
- David Regev (david.regev at gmail dot com)
- Brian Witt (brianwitt at gmail dot com)
- Andy Burns (andy at burns dot net)
- Scott Abbey (scott at eotr dot net)
- John Dennis (jdennis at redhat dot com)
- Kevin Higgins: Kevin Higgins
- Chris Wright (chrisw at redhat dot com)
- Jan Mark Holzer (jmh at redhat dot com)
- Jef Spaleta (jspaleta at gmail dot com)
- Adam Huffman (adam.huffman at gmail dot com)
- Jeffrey Tadlock (linux at elfshadow dot net)
- Josh Boyer (jwboyer at gmail dot net)
- Timo Trinks (ttrinks at redhat dot com)
- Luya Tshimbalanga (luya at fedoreaproject dot org)
- Andrew Dingman (acd at redhat dot com)
- Jon Masters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stuart R. Kirk (stuart at redhat dot com)
- Scott Stevenson (scott at web-ster dot com)
- Matthew Galgoci < mgalgoci / redhat \ com >
- Brian Pepple (bpepple at fedoraproject dot org)
- Heherson Pagcaliwagan (azneita at fedoraproject dot org)
- Christopher Desjardins (cddesjardins at gmail dot com)
- Marcus Lines (malines at gmail dot com)
- Ade Lee (alee at redhat dot com)
- Kevin Sonney (kevin at sonney dot com)
- Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams (ivazqueznet at gmail dot com)
- Elizabeth Ann West (eawest at fedoraproject dot org)
- Ty Fridrich (tyf at redhat dot com)
- Michael Solberg (msolberg at redhat dot com)
- Dave Yates (dsyates at lottalinuxlinks dot com)
- Dan Young (dyoung at fedoraproject dot org)
- Marco Rhodes (mrhodes at redhat dot com)
- Terry Stewart (terry.stewart at gmail dot com)
- Eugene Teo (eteo at redhat dot com)
- Luke Macken (lmacken at redhat dot com)
- Tarus Balog (tarus at opennms dot org)
- Jeff Needle (jneedle at redhat dot com)
- Rodrigo Pimentel (rbp at isnomore dot net)
- david d zuhn (zoo at stpaulterminal dot org)
- Rob Kearey (robk at ningaui dot net)