The feature covers the ibus-kkc with libkkc backend to provide intelligent sentence-based Japanese kana-kanji input.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase i18n input method setup to configure the input method on the desktop in general.
- Add an input source which has (Kana Kanji) in the name.
How to test
- Type "w a t a s h i n o n a m a e h a n a k a n o d e s u".
- Type Space to convert the Kana string into Kana-Kanji mixed string.
- Type Space again to convert the first Kanji word to another.
- Type Enter to finish the conversion.
- (Optional) Try other Kana Kanji conversion examples, if you know Japanese.
- (Optional) Launch the preferences window from gnome-control-center region panel and check if it works.
- You will get Japanese Kana string "わたしのなまえはなかのです".
- You will get Japanese Kana-Kanji mixed string "私の名前は中野です".
- The gnome-shell candidate panel will be shown with several candidates like "わたし", "渡し".
- The candidate panel will be hidden.
- (Optional) "Kana Kanji" IME will provide more precise conversion than "Anthy".
- (Optional) Changes to the preferences window will take effect immediately.