- This test case tests that ABRT's ability to report crashes to Bugzilla works correctly.
- If you don't have an account on Bugzilla, create one.
How to test
/etc/abrt/abrt_event.confand ensure there's something like thisEVENT=report_Bugzilla analyzer=Python abrt-action-bugzilla -c /etc/abrt/plugins/Bugzilla.conf.
- If you changed something, restart ABRT with the command
su -c 'service abrtd restart'
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the Open ABRT button in pop-up notification to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, click Open
- Go thru the process, select Retrace Server as a analyzer and choose Bugzilla as a reporting plug-in
- When asked, enter your Bugzilla account information
- Send the crash report to Bugzilla
- A notification message should appear, with information about the crash and a link to the reported bug
- A bug entry should be filed in Bugzilla, the entry should be assigned to the package you crashed, and the traceback of the crash should be attached.
When satisfied with the report, close it as not a bug, please.