The test is to check that the Docker client is capable of pulling an image from a Registry.
This is to test in Atomic image and Base image. The Docker daemon has to be started on the machine(No need for Atomic image).
How to test
Be as specific as required for the target audience.
- ssh into an Atomic/Base instance.
- Next Start Docker daemon(No need for Atomic image).
$ systemctl start docker.service
3. Pull fedora using Docker client.
$ docker pull fedora
4. Run the container.
$ docker run fedora /bin/echo Hello World
The following must be true to consider this a successful test run.
- Step #1 You should be able to login into an instance.
- Step #2 Starts Docker Daemon.
- Step #3 The Pull operation should pass without error.
- Step #4 will display text:Hello World
Optionally provide hints for exploratory testing.