This case tests upgrading a Fedora system from the stable release (e.g. Fedora 36) to the branched release (Fedora 37) using
How to test
- Perform an installation of the stable release (e.g. Fedora 36) with default partitioning (no less than 500MB for
- Install the newest available version of
preupgrade-clifollowed with a valid entry name from a command prompt, for example:
preupgrade-cli "Fedora 14 (Laughlin)". You can also run
preupgrade-clifirst to check the available valid entries.
- When the process completes, reboot the system.
- The system should perform the upgrade, and reboot into the new system automatically.
- Log in to upgraded system, run some system applications.
- The preupgrade utility will run to completion, without error
- The upgrade should complete and reboot without user assistance.
- The system should be upgraded to new version without error.
- The executed applications should display and work correctly.