This test case tests whether basic X initialization is successful with the Radeon video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'radeon' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- If using the Test Day live CD, just boot from the live CD, ignoring the above steps
- Observe whether the system successfully reaches the graphical login screen
- The system should boot successfully to the normal graphical login screen, at the optimal resolution for your monitor, with no graphical artifacts (missing cursor, wrong colors etc). The boot process should be a high-resolution text progress bar and transition smoothly to the login screen