Continuous Integration Special Interest Group
The goal of the SIG is to bring together CI enthusiasts interested in developing tools, best practices, standards, and workflows to implement Continuous Integration at a larger scale.
While CI is well-known and used by many software projects, it is usually applied at an individual component level. Scaling it up is a challenge from both technical and organizational points of view. Here in Fedora, we have an opportunity to explore and develop the CI/CD topic beyond simple pull-request testing.
- CI for Fedora
- Containerized CI
- CI on bare-metal
- Gating at scale
- Packaging and CI
- CI and Upstream
- CI engines, Artifact storages, Test result aggregators, Test analytics systems
Benefit to Fedora
CI is rarely associated with packaged Linux distributions even though it is nowadays used in most of them. We’d like to change this perception, to show that packaging and CI can and should be used together.
We also would like to establish Fedora as a perfect CI platform. Virtualization, containerization and many other tools available in Fedora provide a good foundation to build flexible, open and modern CI solutions and CI architectures on top of it. Let's make use of them.
#fedora-ci at Freenode
- Bi-weekly on Wednesdays, see calendar entry
- User:Bookwar Aleksandra Fedorova
- User:clime Michal Novotny
- User:Mizdebsk Mikolaj Izdebski
- User:tstellar Tom Stellard
- User:mrc0mmand Frantisek Sumsal
- User:mrniranjanNiranjan M R
- User:Fbo Fabien Boucher
- User:dcantrel David Cantrell
- User:mvadkert Miroslav Vadkerti
How to Join
- Add yourself to the table above
- Join IRC channel and participate in Fedora CI SIG meetings
- Subscribe to mailing list
- Apply to CI project at teams.fedoraproject.org
How to contribute
- Review/Write/Fix documentation related to Fedora CI and Gating
- Develop and package CI tools
- Develop CI analytics
- Develop CI pipelines framework
- On-board test pipelines
- Bring your own!
Standard Test Roles inventory management
Goal: Pluggable system for STR inventory management Owner: bookwar
Fedora dist-git tests statistics
Goal: Provide report on the dist-git tests CI pipeline in Rawhide Owner: bookwar