|2009-04-16 (Thu)||From 12:00 to 21:00 UTC (8am -> 5pm EDT)||#fedora-qa)|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on:
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - User:Lmacken, User:Skvidal, User:Jdieter
- Quality Assurance - User:Psklenar, User:Jhutar, Adam Williamson
Prerequisites for Test Day
You will need a Fedora 11 Beta system with root access (as we are going to work with yum and rpm). You should have your favourite package set installed. We will provide a repo with F11 Snapshot1 packages with delta RPMs and presto metadata generated, so everybody can do Beta -> Snapshot1 upgrade. Unfortunately there is no live CD for this test day, as you need an installed system to properly test this feature.
- Where to get F11 Beta: https://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease (all mirrors)
- Where to get yum-presto (it is not in the Beta): http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=93831 (or check development repo if you need some dependencies) or 'yum install yum-presto --enablerepo=rawhide'
How to test?
What do we want to test exactly? We want to ensure, that packages serching/installing/updating/uninstalling works, that it works in all the different ways users are using it and that Presto related tools also works.
Update F11 Beta system to F11 Snapshot1
- Start with the F11 Beta system
- if you have rawhide older than Beta, please update to the Beta first: https://fedoraproject.org/en/get-prerelease
- Set-up our repo with pre-generated presto metadata
- Ensure you have yum-presto plugin installed and available
- Update the system - yum should be downloading *.drpm files instead of *.rpm ones
- You may test it on a single package first (yum list updates, choose one and then yum update <choosed package>)
- rpm -q yum yum-presto
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages
- rpm -q yum yum-presto PackageKit PackageKit-yum PackageKit-yum-plugin gnome-packagekit ...
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages (test it as a root and a user)
with other GUI tools
- rpm -q yum yum-presto yumex ...
- Try to search/install/upgrade/remove/group* few packages using your favourite GUI tool (e.g. yumex)
- rpm -q createrepo presto-utils
- Create a repository from few packages you have
- Try to use that repository
We will store results in the table below. This page is editable without a Fedora login for those who do not want to sign the CLA, but if you do have a FAS account, please log in before editing.
If you find a bug, please report it through Bugzilla and make it depend on bug PrestoTestDay (just put PrestoTestDay into the Blocks: field). If you do not have an account there, you may create one, or just ask somebody on the #fedora-qa to report the bug for you.
|user||command/action||system||downloaded||time||relevant packages versions|
||Intel Core 2 DUO 2.20GHz, 2GB RAM, ...||during the command run, I have downloaded ???kB||real 0m1.094s, user 0m0.832s, sys 0m0.148s||yum-3.2.21-2.fc10.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-1.fc9.noarch, yum-fastestmirror-1.1.19-1.fc10.noarch||and few other plugins|
|Markino (aka TopoMorto)||
||VirtualBox 2.2 ...||???kB||real 14m51.956s, user 2m46.799s, sys 1m32.895s||yum-3.2.22-4.fc11.noarch yum-presto-0.4.5-4.fc11.noarch, yum-fastestmirror-1.1.21-2.fc11.noarch||no other plugins|