|Local Test Cloud Installation Guide|
Local Test Cloud is used to make Fedora Cloud images easier to test by automating installation on the local machine. See the home page for more information.
NOTE: This guide applies to Fedora 23 and later.
- Install 'testcloud' using dnf:
dnf install testcloud
- Add user to 'testcloud' group:
sudo usermod -a -G testcloud your_user_name
- Log out of your session and log back in again, so that the group change is in effect
- Run 'testcloud' using the following syntax where <instance> is what you want to name the virtual cloud and <image> is a link to the image (qcow2 format only):
testcloud instance create <instance> -u <url_to_qcow2_image>
- Note: If the image is a local file, use a file URL, for example:
testcloud instance create test -u file:///home/test/image.qcow2
- After the download is complete, the script will provide an IP where the virtual cloud image resides. To access the cloud install, enter the following and use "passw0rd" for the password: