|Joe (ascenseur) O'Dell|
|IRC:||ascenseur on Libera.chat in|
Hi, My name is Joe O'Dell and I've been working on Fedora for quite a while.
Do you want a *really* short Bio? Ok.
- I'm 14
- I live in the UK
- I attend a Secondary School
- I have used Linux for ages
- I love Linux
- I'm part of the FreeMedia Program
Do you want more? Email me, the address is email@example.com
Me & Linux
Although I'm still at school, I've been using Linux for quite a while now - I first started using it way back in 2005, when I finally decided to give MS the boot. I'd finally become tired of paying for an OS, while there were perfectly good ones (and even better ones!) available on the internet.
I have a passion to share Linux, and hopefully I can benefit a lot of people!
If you ever feel like having a good chat with me, or want to ask me something, don't be afraid to email, IRC or even call me!
You are more than welcome to do that, and I'd quite like a chat!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC: my nick is ascenseur - I'm usually on #ubuntu-uk, #defy, #bedslug, #fedora-uk and ##linuxanimators (on irc.freenode.net)
- GPG key: 0x41BBF4C9
- Fedora Account: ascenseur View Here
- FedoraTalk Account: sip:email@example.com
- SIPGate Account: sip:firstname.lastname@example.org - If you are calling from a SIP network other than SIPGate, or want more details, Click Here!
- Skype: vie_ascenseur
Me on the Internet
I have a collection of sites floating around the website, please visit them!
- My Blog - Here I post about anything and everything!
- bedsLUG - This is the LUG (Linux User Group) that I am running for Bedfordshire, UK.
- anagram:creative - I run a creative design business, it helps me buy things that I need for school!
- Joe O'Dell - This is my page on another Linux distro's wiki.
- Launchpad: ascenseur - I help translate on Launchpad.net, this is my page
- Wikipedia: Vie_ascenseur - I contribute to Wikipedia in my spare time, so this is another page of mine.
I also have some useful sites which I'd quite like you to visit!
- DFEY - DFEY is a group of young people from across the UK who aim to promote FLOSS and Libre to other young people and schools. I'm a member :)
Activities within Fedora
Free Media contributor since 2009!
I love being part of the FreeMedia group, as it lets me give something back to the world :)
I don't have extreme amounts of money that I can give, but by sending a couple of 25p discs every month, I know someone else has experienced linux, and that's all good!
If you are interested in seeing where I send my DVDs to, have a look at My FreeMedia Page.
I aim to promote Fedora (but also other Linux distros) to the wide community in which I live in. This is why I have set up my own LUG (Linux User Group), as I believe that there is a lot I can help others learn, and Fedora is a part of it!
If you're interested in my LUG, have a look at bedslug.co.cc
Designing FreeMedia resources
I have created a FreeMedia mailer to use when sending DVDs abroad, so that it gets there safely whilst being extremely economical on postage costs.
The latest version of it, which includes a customs label pre-inserted, is available on my Fedora People account at ascenseur.fedorapeople.org/fedora_mailer_new.otg
I AM an Ambassador! :)
If you want to track how the application in the Ambassador program went, click here
Creating a UK EventBox
In collaboration with Paul Mellors, I have started planning a UK EventBox.
For more details, see here