Hi, My name is Joe O'Dell and I've been working on Fedora for quite a while.
I will try to keep this short, as there are lots of places online where you can read more about me.
I'm a student at an Upper (Secondary) School in Bedfordshire (UK), I'm a GEEK and I have a passion for FLOSS, Linux and Software Freedom. :)
I have some of the more usual hobbies, other than being a geek, such as reading, making cool-beans friends and enjoying life!
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, and do have a look around!
Me & Linux
Although I'm still at school, I've been using Linux for quite a while now - I first started using it way back in 2005, when I finally decided to give MS the boot. I'd finally become tired of paying for an OS, while there were perfectly good ones (and even better ones!) available on the internet.
I have a passion to share Linux, and hopefully I can benefit a lot of people!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC: my nick is ascenseur - I'm usually on #ubuntu-uk, #defy, #bedslug, #fedora-uk and ##linuxanimators (on irc.freenode.net)
- GPG key: 41BBF4C9 - This is distributed on as many keyservers as possible!
- Fedora Account: ascenseur
- FedoraTalk Account: email@example.com
- SIPGate Account: firstname.lastname@example.org - If you are calling from a SIP network other than SIPgate, or want more details, Click Here!
- Skype: vie_ascenseur
I welcome you to contact me, but please try to use email/IRC first, as I am not always at my desk to recieve phone calls.
Me on the Internet
I have a collection of sites floating around the website, please visit them!
- bedsLUG - This is the LUG (Linux User Group) that I am running for Bedfordshire, UK.
- anagram:creative - I run a creative design business, it helps me buy things that I need for school!
- Joe O'Dell - This is my page on another Linux distro's wiki.
- Launchpad: ascenseur - I help translate on Launchpad.net, this is my page
- Wikipedia: Vie_ascenseur - I contribute to Wikipedia in my spare time, so this is another page of mine.
I also have some useful sites which I'd quite like you to visit!
- Ubuntu-UK - The Ubuntu-UK group, where I am also a member. I use Fedora and Ubuntu equally on my machines
- DFEY - DFEY is a group of young people from across the UK who aim to promote FLOSS and Libre to other young people and schools. I'm a member :)
Activities within Fedora
- Free Media contributor since 2009!
I love being part of the FreeMedia group, as it lets me give something back to the world :)
I don't have extreme amounts of money that I can give, but by sending a couple of 25p discs every month, I know someone else has experienced linux, and that's all good!
- Promoting Fedora
I aim to promote Fedora (but also other Linux distros) to the wide community in which I live in. This is why I have set up my own LUG (Linux User Group), as I believe that there is a lot I can help others learn, and Fedora is a part of it!
If you're interested in my LUG, have a look at bedslug.co.cc