|Birthday:||July 23, 1983|
|IRC:||fredlima on irc.libera.chat|
|#fedora-br #fedora-latam #fedora|
I'm Frederico Lima from Belo Horizonte (city of Sepultura band) state of Minas Gerais but now I'm living in Brasília capital of Brazil.
I started using Linux back in 1999 with some distros that I do not remember anymore
but back in 2000 when I bought an brazilian computer magazine called "PC Master" and the Suse 6.3 distro came with it, I started to like it even more.
Since then, I've been using Linux, mostly Slackware and Debian.
I always wanted to contribute with the open-source community,
So around 2005 I started packaging and translating a few things into Slackware. Just small contributions.
Some years ago I've started using Fedora on my personal laptop and desktop, and at my workstation on my job. And deploying the apps that I develop on RHEL servers.
But in 2016 I felt it was time to really contribute, and as I liked the Fedora Project proposal, I joined that community.
Feel free to contact me to join any team at Fedora Project.
Roles in Fedora Project
- Ambassador, see other Brazilian ambassadors here
- Elected member of FAmSCo for F25 release cycle FAmSCo members
- Package maintainer, you can see my packages here
- Coordinator of the Fedora Localization Project for Brazilian Portuguese, see my Zanata profile here
- Latam admin of the Fedora FreeMedia Program
- I've helped Fedora users on freenode at #fedora-br, #fedora and some others irc channels, ask.fedoraproject.org and other social networks.
- Administrator at Fedora Brasil facebook group 2500+ users and Fedora Brasil Telegram Channel 500+ users where I'm also an admin.
I work for the Brazilian Federal Government using open-source solutions.
Bachelors degree in system information and associate degree in system development.
- LPI LPIC-1
- CompTIA Linux+
- SuSE Certified Linux Administrator (CLA)
- Green IT Citizen
Play guitar and retro-games.