- 1 VoIP Special Interest Group
VoIP Special Interest Group
To package as many Voice over IP applications as possible for Fedora.
To that end, members of this SIG will assist in packaging VoIP applications and make reviewing VoIP-related packages our priority.
Want to suggest a VoIP application or library? Just add it to the Applications/Libraries of Interest list. Working on packaging a VoIP application or library, or need a review for your VoIP-related package? Just add it to the Applications/Libraries Being Packaged list. Interested in joining the SIG? Just add your WikiName to the list.
Applications/Libraries of Interest
- gnugk - H.323 gatekeeper
- This may require importing OpenH323 from the old Fedora package into Fedora Package Collection because Fedora dropped OpenH323 once GnomeMeeting/Ekiga switched to Opal.
- minisip - SIP softphone
- twinkle - SIP softphone
- SEMS - SIP express media server
- Mediaproxy - far-end NAT traversal solution for SER/OpenSER
- CDRTool - A set of utilities for working with call detail records
- OpenWengo - SIP softphone with lot of advanced features
- This softphone uses a lot of other libraries (as optional and as a required) and there are not allowed for inclusion in Fedora among them.
- OpenSIPStack - implementation of the Session Initiation Protocol
- OpenSBC - hybrid SIP proxy and B2BUA
- Yxa - transaction stateful SIP stack and a set of SIP server applications
- Jabbin - Jabber and VoIP client (fork of well-known Psi)
Applications/Libraries already packaged
- OpenSER - Fork of well-known SER SIP Server with interesting new features
- rtpproxy - RTP proxy server
- SIPp - test tool and traffic generator for the SIP protocol
- CallWeaver (former OpenPBX) - GPL-only fork of Asterisk.
- Asterisk - Open Source PBX
- SER - SIP Express Router
- sipsak - SIP swiss army knife
- SIPp - SIP test tool / traffic generator
- sofia-sip - Sofia SIP UA Library
- jrtplib - C++ RTP library
Packages for review
- MySTUN - STUN server
- Initial attempt to package it was made, but review request was closed due to lack of activity
Orphaned Packages Needing Maintainers
- zaptel-kmod - kernel modules not allowed