From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from PatriceKadionik)
|IRC:||eddy33 on Libera.chat in|
|#fedora-fr #fedora-paris #fedora-meeting|
Who am I?
- Engineer from the ENSEIRB School of Electrical Engineering and Ph D. in Science from the University Bordeaux 1. After having worked few years in a software company, I am now a associate professor with habilitation (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) at the ENSEIRB School of Electrical Engineering (Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Electronique, Informatique et Radiocommunications de Bordeaux).
- I’m teaching mainly:
- Digital and System on Chip.
- Embedded systems design.
- Embedded Linux and real-time.
- I am also responsible of the Embedded Systems option.
- My research activity in the IMS laboratory is focused on algorithm implementation on silicon for video compression and network routing in wireless sensor networks.
Free Software, Fedora and I
- In 1989, I’ve discovered UNIX when I was student. Linux has adopted me in 1997.
- Defender of Free Software, I try to promote around me Fedora since 1997 (RedHat 5.0 at this time).
- Since 1999, I'm particularly interested in embedded Linux, ie embedded Linux implementation in embedded systems.
My contributions around the Free Software
- I’m a Fedora ambassador.
- Fedora packaging is something important for me and is another way of contribution to Fedora. I wanted to contribute since a long time...
- Since january 2017, I’m packaging for Fedora the Auto Multiple Choice tool. The AMC Fedora packages are available here through my eddy33's repository.
French fedora-fr.org Community
- I'm trying to contribute to the french fedora-fr.org community:
- I was a moderator of the forum during 10 years (2006-2016).
- I’ve written several tutorials in french language:
- Book review on Fedora and Linux.
- Rebuilding the Fedora kernel.
- Fedora and real-time.
- Creating Fedora Live CD / DVD and Live USB.
- Setting-up a Fedora local repository.
- Wifi-Installation of the prism54 chipset.
- Wifi-Installation of the acx chipset.
- MSI Wind netbook.
- Power consumption optimization on laptop and netbook.
- Xenomai configuration for creating a hard realtime kernel.
- PREEMPT-RT configuration for creating a soft realtime kernel.
- I am a writer for the french Linux Magazine and for Hackable magazine.
- I was the chairman of the System/Embedded session from 2004 to 2009 at the LSM (Libre Software Meeting).
- I was the program general chairman in 2010 at the LSM (Libre Software Meeting).