(Redirected from PhilKnirsch)
I am a senior software engineer at Red Hat in Stuttgart, Germany. I've been working for Red Hat since August 2000.
Before i joined Red Hat i did a lot of freelance work for various companies and generally worked with Linux since 1991 (early days ;).
I've been using Linux as my main programming platform for nearly all personal and some commercial developments. My work included system administration on various Unix machines and labs, small to large scale programming in various languages (Mostly C/C++, Java and scripting languages like Perl and PHP). The development projects include the areas of high performance mathematical computing, network servers, web database integration, production management just to name a few.
Currently i'm maintaining several packages in Fedora-Core and work on a few projects, including the Power Mangement.
Email: [[MailTo(pknirsch AT redhat DOT com)]
Packages I maintain in Fedora-Core
- acpid - ACPI Event Daemon
- apmd - Advanced Power Management (APM) BIOS utilities for laptops
- basesystem - The skeleton package which defines a simple Linux system
- filesystem - The basic directory layout for a Linux system
- hwdata - Hardware identification and configuration data
- lm_sensors - Hardware monitoring tools
- openCryptoki - Implementation of Cryptoki v2.11 for IBM Crypto Hardware
- openhpi - openhpi Hardware Platform Interface (HPI) library and tools
- OpenIPMI - OpenIPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface) library and tools
- pm-utils - Power management utilities and scripts for Fedora Core
- rarpd - The Remote ARP daemon
- rcs - Revision Control System (RCS) file version management tools
- rdate - Tool for getting the date/time from a remote machine
- rdist - Maintains identical copies of files on multiple machines
- rootfiles - The basic required files for the root user's directory
- rusers - Displays the users logged into machines on the local network
- rwall - Client for sending messages to a host's logged in users
- rwho - Displays who is logged in to local network machines
- s390utils - Linux/390 specific utilities
- setup - A set of system configuration and setup files
- sg3_utils - Utils for Linux's SCSI generic driver devices + raw devices
- system-config-httpd - Apache configuration tool
- vconfig - Linux 802.1q VLAN configuration utility