(Redirected from QA:Testcase Anaconda autopart (reclaim) install)
This test case tests whether the installer can successfully remove all existing storage volumes and automatically partition in the freed-up space using the guided partitioning path.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
- Ensure the target device contains multiple storage volumes, ideally an existing OS installation, consuming sufficient space that a Fedora installation would not be possible without removing them.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single, blank target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the option to let the installer handle partitioning is set, and complete this screen.
- When prompted to free up space for the Fedora installation, use the Reclaim space option.
- On the Reclaim space screen, choose to delete all existing storage volumes.
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- All pre-existing storage volumes on the target disk should be deleted.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.