From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from QA:Testcase install to SCSI device)
This test case verifies that installing on a SCSI device works properly. Testing on bare metal (not in a virtual machine) is preferred for this test case. However, if bare metal hardware is not conveniently available, this test can be run in a KVM virtual machine by connecting a storage device with the SCSI bus type.
- Prepare a test system with a working SCSI storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen
- On the Installation Destination screen, select your test SCSI device as the target disk
- Partition as you like, but bugs in partitioning that are not related to the SCSI device type are outside the scope of this test
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options
- Boot the installed system
- All installable SCSI devices are successfully detected by installer and are available for partitioning.
- Partitions are created and formatted properly.
- Install completes successfully.
- System boots successfully recognizing filesystems created on the SCSI device(s).