(Redirected from Talk:Features/BFO)
Wrangler Review 2010-01-21
- Please add a draft release notes
- Please include a link to the documentation
- Please add more detailed "How To Test" steps so that someone unfamiliar with this feature can help test it.
- What special hardware / data / etc. is needed (if any)?
- How do I prepare my system to test this feature? What packages need to be installed, config files edited, etc.?
- What specific actions do I perform to check that the feature is working like it's supposed to?
- What are the expected results of those actions?
Thank you, poelcat 23:45, 21 January 2010 (UTC)
I think I've got all those added now. Please double check that what I've added is what you would expect.
Thank you! It's on to FESCo. poelcat 23:44, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
Using GRUB to bootstrap
Is it possible to get grub booting any of the boot.fedoraproject.org gpxe images? I tried to use syslinux's memdisk kernel with the bfo.dsk floppy initrd, but that didn't work, though the same method does work for my bios update floppy images.
title boot.fedoraproject.org memdisk floppy kernel /memdisk initrd /bfo.dsk
It would be nice to not have to burn actual media to test. It could also work such as how memtest86+ does, where it adds itself to grub.conf after running "memtest-setup". I'm guessing an additional bfo.grub image would need to be generated? Zcat 14:57, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
RE: Using GRUB to bootstrap
I just got a lkrn image built for this purpose. It's not documented on the website yet but to use it you:
wget -qO/boot/bfo.lkrn http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/bfo/bfo.lkrn
Then add a grub section:
title BFO root (hd0,0) kernel /bfo.lkrn