From Fedora Project Wiki
Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference
- The Central Pennsylvania Open Source Conference (CPOSC) is a small, low-cost, one-day conference about all things Open Source. It will be held on Sunday, October 19, 2008 in Harrisburg, PA. For more information, click here.
Fedora's purposes for attending this show, in order of importance:
- The event is limited to 100 people maximum, so the atmosphere should be more conducive to personal interaction
- It's a great opportunity for a more personalized Fedora event
- Location: Harrisburg, PA
- Flight: MDT, Middeltown, or Harrisburg International Airport
- Hotel: Please fill me in
- Getting around: Please fill me in
- Sunday, October 19, 2008
- Doors open at 8am for Registration and the event should be finished around 6pm
- Setup/booth duty schedule below
- Fedora Booth (details forthcoming)
Swag will be sent to YaakovNemoy in Pittsburgh, and hopefully it won't be too much/heavy to fly/drive to Harrisburg with.
List of things to be provided
- Some stuff
- More stuff
- Maybe less stuff too...
Organisations and people we want to sit down with and have a focused conversation with
- fill me in
(T) indicates a Traveller to the event; (L) indicates a Local.
- YaakovNemoy (T) (Coordinator)
- GregDeKoenigsberg (T)
- KarlieRobinson (T)
- Bpowell01 (T)
- User:Silfreed (L) (Speaker for Mozdev, Fedora Contributor)
Booth Schedule and Setup
We need volunteers to man the following schedule. The schedule hasn't been made up yet.
- Booth Stuff (ie, talking about Fedora, and doing the usual marketing thing)
- Finding Booth Babes to join us.
- Put together expense list, booth costs, entrance fees for attendees, travel costs
- Put in application for a budget from Fedora Budget
- Gather information about planned materials present
- Market the presentations we're going to give
- Figure out if we need a hotel for the night before, for any travelers