Fedora 12's artwork process is going to work a little differently than our artwork process has worked in the past. Rather than having multiple theme concepts competing with one another and dividing artists' time and energies, we're going to try having one theme concept (inspired by the release codename) that everyone works together on. We're hoping to produce higher-quality artwork in a more timely manner this way.
Detailed schedule with dates for F12 is available at its page.
- (DONE) Concepts submission deadline — 2009-07-10
- (DONE) Feature freeze — 2009-07-28
- Alpha Wallpaper designs deadline
- (DONE) Package selected wallpapers for alpha — 2009-08-04
- (DONE)Select default wallpaper theme — Tue 2009-08-11
- (DONE) First wallpaper refresh — Thu 2009-08-20
- (In Progress) Second wallpaper refresh — Thu 2009-08-27
- Third wallpaper refresh — Thu 2009-09-03
- Beta Freeze — 2009-09-22
- Final touches to the wallpaper, supporting graphics creation
- Release — 2009-11-03
- Posters, DVD sleeves, ...
Concepts, WIP Designs
Bridge Sea Moon by bioinfornatics
four foundations mosaic by tatica
cubes mosaic by ainzinga, see 
Underwater mosaic photo by Nicu (potential inspiration source)
Candidates for default wallpaper
mosaic by Mythcat