m (Add LinuxToy coverage about the selections.)
|Line 140:||Line 140:|
=== Feedback/Posts about this project ===
=== Feedback/Posts about this project ===
Revision as of 03:58, 12 September 2012
Supplemental wallpapers are the non-default wallpapers provided with Fedora. Usually Fedora ships GNOME upstream supplemental wallpapers. We are going to collect a set of community-submitted wallpapers for Fedora 18. Still not sure what a supplemental wallpaper is? Look below at the wallpaper selection UI below - what appears in this dialog but is *Not* the default wallpaper is a 'supplemental' wallpaper.
All submissions or contributions:
- Must be covered by the Contributor License Agreement. We cannot accept contributions from individuals who have not signed the CLA in the Fedora Account System. The CLA allows us to properly license artwork submissions for distribution with Fedora and other Fedora projects.
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. If your submissions include or derive from artwork created by other people, please make sure the license of the original work you incorporate is compatible with Fedora and that you are not violating any of the provisions of its license. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- Should have the consent and approval of the author or creator
- Are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC-BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another approved liberal open source license. See a list of approved licenses for Fedora.
- Must not contain brand names or trademarks of any kind
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- No sexually explicit or provocative subject matter
- No images of weapons or violent imagery
- No alcohol, smoking, or drug use imagery
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the work is created
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery (including flags)
- No images of hats, particularly fedoras. (This is a matter of respect for our primary sponsor, Red Hat, Inc., and is not negotiable. Of course, passive appearance of hats, such as those upon heads in a crowd, may be allowed.)
- No version numbers. End users might prefer to continue to use an older theme, or use the latest theme in their older version of Fedora. To enable that choice, do not use any version numbers within the Fedora artwork.
- No text. Text should not be used in the backgrounds because the artwork is intended for a global audience and to be reused by derivative distributions.
- Should not contain images of people (contemporary, historical, or fictional)
- Should not contain images of pets, or captive or mistreated animals
- Must use a format that can be read by software available in Fedora Package Collection. Preferred image formats include SVG and PNG. Master files, which may be further edited, should be maintained in non-lossy formats. Preserving vector graphics, raster layers, and channels is important for such materials.
- Originals for landscape formats must be a minimum of 1600 pixels wide and 1200 pixels high. The larger the better. Photographic submissions should be made at a high resolution.
- Should be provided in a 16 x 9 aspect ratio if possible.
- No watermarks, signatures, photographer/creator names, or messages may be included in any part of the work. However if the license allows, and the photo is compelling enough, we could remove watermarks.
- Should strive for subtlety and poetry
- Avoid high frequency images (http://forensicphotoshop.blogspot.com/2009/04/low-frequency-vs-high-frequency.html)
- A soft focus is one way to achieve this
- As the name suggests, visually, it should settle into the "background" of the activity scene.
- Fewer details on left side allows for good readability for primary icons on the desktop.
- Keep in mind that many users have icons covering the entire desktop view.
- Do not compete for the user's attention
The following adjectives should be used to select an appropriate design:
- (Region/country specific content)
Butterfly Effect by Marcus Moeller CC-BY-SA 3.0 Butterfly Effect
Vienna Nights by Nicu Buculei CC-BY-SA 3.0 Vienna Nights
Lonely Tree by Nicu Buculei CC-BY-SA 3.0 Lonely Tree
Crane Beach by Máirín Duffy CC-BY-SA 3.0 Crane Beach
Bastorf Lighthouse by Harald Hoyer CC-BY-SA 3.0 Bastorf Lighthouse
Lighthouse Cork Francesco Crippa CC-BY 2.0 Lighthouse Cork
Cairn by Sylvain Naudin CC-BY-SA 2.0 Cairn
Loire valley by Sylvain Naudin CC-BY-SA 2.0 Tours Loire
Lioran by Sylvain Naudin CC-BY-SA 2.0 Lioran
Graminées by Sylvain Naudin CC-BY-SA 2.0 Graminées
Luminaire by Sylvain Naudin CC-BY-SA 2.0 Luminaire
Yellow by María "tatica" Leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Yellow
Flower Clouds by María "tatica" Leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Flower Clouds
Against The Sky by María "tatica" Leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Against The Sky
Giza At My Roof María "tatica" Leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Giza At My Roof
Pink Flower Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0 Pink Flower
Casa Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0 Casa
Playa Chichiriviche tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Playa Chichiriviche
Amanecer de Fuego tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Amanecer de Fuego
Pink details tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Pink details
My own garden tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 My own garden
Schmetterling tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Schmetterling
Viennese Trees tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Viennese Trees
freedom tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 freedom
Leaves tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Leaves
Fly high tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Fly high
Fantasma Azul tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 Fantasma Azul
time tatica leandro CC-BY-SA 3.0 time
Caminhos Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0 Caminhos
Patagonia Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0 Patagonia
Passaro Cleide Isabel CC-BY-SA 3.0 Passaro