Flock 2015 - Salt Lake City
About Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, often shortened to Salt Lake, or SLC is the capital and the most populous city in the state of Utah. The city boasts a very active community, along with a large tech industry. Approximately 1.2 million people live in the Salt Lake metro area. Beautiful mountains surround Salt Lake on both sides and local train transit is very convenient from the city center to many popular destinations, such as the University of Utah, Gallivan Center, The City Creek outdoor mall.
Salt Lake City International Airport
The Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC) has eight airlines: Alaska Airlines, American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United and US Airways and is the western hub for Delta Airlines. There are around 656 scheduled daily flights from the facility serving around 86 cities with non-stop flights.
Distance from airport(s) to proposed lodging
Approximately 8 miles (around 12 minutes by car, 45 minutes by light rail) to the center of the city. There are hundreds of rooms available within a 1 mile walk of the proposed venue.
The options are:
- UTA Trax light rail (best option). The cost is $2.50US one way, or a day pass can be purchased. Travel time is approximately 45 minutes to downtown.
- Cab/Taxi. The cost is approximately $20US. Travel time is approximately 15 minutes.
- Rental cars are also available 24 hours a day. Cost varies depending on time of year and company.
Estimated flight costs
All flights are estimated using Delta Airlines. The dates used were August 6-10, 2015.
- NOTE**: Delta is one of the more expensive carriers but flies the most routes in/out of SLC
- From BOS - $502.20 (nonstop)
- From RDU - $625 (1 stop)
- From BOM - $1390 (2 stops)
- From PRG - ~$1460.96 <subscript>* pricing was shown as Kč31,266</subscript>
- From CDG (nonstop)
- From CDG (multiple stops)
- Notes about local transportation, including mass transit and taxi availability
- Proposed venue, including:
- Cost of venue
- Room availability for keynotes and capacity (assume 250 attendees)
- Room availability for sessions--number of rooms available, capacity of each, and configuration (classroom style, conference style, etc.) -- we need 6-8 of these, each with a capacity of at least 40
- Internet availability
- Proposed lodging
- Cost of loding--please provide written agreement from lodging specifying rates
- Number of single and double rooms available
- Note Internet availability and cost in lodging
- Distance from venue and transportation required between them
- Proposed evening event locations (at least 2, preferably 3)
- Pros and cons of the proposed location.