Who are we?
Design Sofware is a Special Interest Group aimed to improves latest free and open tools for designers especially Design Team.
Contributing roles in the Design Software SIG
- Creating high quality packages of design tools featuring graphics, web, arts and some video editings.
- Documenting the available tools, including wiki documentation and comps.xml
- Promote the Design Suite
- Actively review each other's design-related packages to shorten the time it takes to get them approved and imported into Fedora Package Collection
- Help each other fix bugs that have been filed against design packages
- Alerting each other about orphaned and soon-to-be orphaned design software packages so that we can prevent their removal
Design News websites
Design Software SIG has three channels for communication:
- The mailing list email@example.com,
- The current wiki page for suggesting design software, the need of reviewing packages or joining the SIG,
- the IRC channel located on #firstname.lastname@example.org for designers and #email@example.com for packagers.
Packages in Fedora repository
Packages in Design Suite
Packages under review
Lists of packaged submitted for review. A good place to learn about the procedure and the common practice. If the package is accepted for inclusion in Fedora repository, add design-sw in InitialCC while submitting a SCM Admin request. please move it to accepted packages, else move it to refused packages and list the reason of refusal.
- Name - Description - rhbug#
knotter- A free and open source customizable interlace designer - 996209
birdfont- An editor for creating outline vector graphics and exporting fonts - 978177
fntsample- A program for making font samples that show Unicode coverage of the font - 999998
Recently added packages
Orphaned packages needing maintainers
This section tracks the latest upstream development packaged in individual Fedora People repository. Using them wil help exposing bug, and exploring new features without disturbing the main Fedora repositories. In addition, the resulting source RPM will teach upstream about the good practice of packaging. To use these repository for testing purpose:
- access to these links below,
- put the repo file in into /etc/yum.repos.d/
- execute the update using either Software Update or input the command in terminal
sudo yum update.