Fedora Grid Computing SIG
The goal of the Fedora Grid Computing Special Interest group is to gather people interested in packaging grid software within Fedora.
This group was started on June 1st 2010 so it's early days at the moment.
Grid computing can mean different things to different people, it is certainly distributed computing with a security infrastructure. Relevant software can include:
- Data management software
- Batch Systems
- Information Systems
- Job Submission Systems
- Security, authentication, authorization software
- Messaging Software
- Link to other related groups. MPI, clouds.
- Create a yum group of grid client tools.
- Document some of the basic setup of grid software as provided within Fedora.
- A mailing list will be set up, to allow in particular users of Fedora's grid software to communicate.
Packages already in Fedora and Fedora/EPEL
|Software||Package DB Entry||Notes|
|ActiveMQ CPP||activemq-cpp||Messaging Lib|
|CGSI gSOAP||CGSI-gSOAP||GSI plugin for gSOAP|
|dCache access protocol||dcap|
|fetch-crl||fetch-crl||Downloads CRLs e.g. from igtf.|
|Grid Packaging Tools||grid-packaging-tools||GPT|
|gsoap||gsoap||SOAP/XML Web Services|
|Globus Toolkit||globus-*, more than 50 packages||globus packaging guidelines.|
|LCG Data Management||lcgdm||Disk Pool Manager and LHC file catalogue, ie DPM and LFC|
|OpenSAML||opensaml||Security Markup Language|
|PyActiveMQ||[[https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/pyactivemq pyactivemq||Python message API|
|VO Membership Services||voms, voms-mysql|
|UberFTP||[https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/uberftp uberftp||GSI gridftp client|
Packages under Review
- Add classads to EPEL #599144
- Add condor to EPEL