Hello, my name is Bert Desmet, I am 22years old and I live in Belgium, Kruishoutem, near Ghent.
My first encounter with Linux (red hat) was when I was 14years old. My nephew installed Red Hat on our old family computer, and I used it for surfing and chatting. I only really started with Linux recently, when I started college. I knew what was out there, and seeing that (almost) only Windows is used at my college got me going. I knew there were alternatives, and I followed the IT courses. So I wanted to prove to my professors that Linux is a valid alternative.
I started in the community in January 2009, and I haven't got a moment of regret yet. I help out where I can, but my primary role is being an Ambassador, and being the spins wrangler for the fedora spins SIG. I am also always available to assist with Fedora problems.
- Email: bert AT devnox DOT be
- Language: Dutch, English and a little bit French
- Location: Kruishoutem, Belgium
- Website: blog
- IRC: biertie @ freenode: fedora, fedora-ambassadors, fedora-docs, fedora-devel, fedora-meeting, fedora-social, fedora-unity
- GPG key: 0x228a0ba4427147bd
- Fedora Account: biertie
Activities within Fedora
- Mentor for the Ambassador program in the EMEA region, especially BeNeLux
- I've been promoting Linux and Fedora to other people since 2004.
- beta testing Fedora
- Spins Wrangler
Events I am planning to attend
- LOAD 2011, Antwerp, Belgium
Events I have attended
- Fosdem 2009, Brussels, Belgium
- Fudcon EMEA 2009, Berlin, Germany - blog
- Release party Fedora 12, Antwerp, Belgium - blog
- Fudcon NA 2009, Toronto, Canada - blog and blog
- Fosdem 2010, Brussels, Belgium
- Chemnitzer Linux Tage, Chemnitz, Germany - blog
- load 2010, Antwerp, Belgium - blog
- Fedora 13 release party, Ghent, Belgium - blog
- Fudcon Emea 2010, Zurich, Switzerland - blog & blog & blog & blog & blog
- Software Freedom Conference 2010, Prishtina, Kosovo - blog
- Fedora 14 Release event, Antwerp, Belgium
- FOSDEM 2011, Brussels, Belgium