This is a list of things that still need to be fixed on the redesigned www.fpo. Feel free to edit it and add stuff!
translation globe icon is chopped off--Duffy 17:53, 22 October 2010 (UTC) lang code => real lang name--Sijis 04:26, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
- need better distinction between 'contributors' and real nav items
Slideshow is too fast, needs to be tund down(made 10 sec) --Sijis 04:27, 21 October 2010 (UTC) Slideshow font size needs to be tuned down (locale ca)
- Edit the slideshow to span the entire width of the page
- Edit the slide buttons
- The page doesn't work with Epiphany. Rendering is totally broken and eventually the browser crashes. (epiphany.x86_64 1:2.30.6-1.fc14)
- Í have not tested if it is broken with all WebKit based browsers
- On IE 8:
- The slideshow text is not fading with images. It flashes first then image fades in
- During website load, the black box "Worldwide Community of Friends..." flashes up on screen for a few seconds.
The Fedora foundation speech bubbles should rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise, now they rotate in pairs which looks a bit awkward.$NOTABUG. that's how it's designed. The four F's have to be listed in order. --Duffy 14:40, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
proper navbar style needs to be made into CSS--Duffy 14:38, 20 October 2010 (UTC) (What does this mean? -Schendje) (Schendje, see the secondary nav bar on the features page and download options pages :)) footer links need to be CSS-ifiedfinally decided to drop them, but did some cleanup on the back to top stuff instead The icons aren't placed next to the text (as on Using Fedora) but above it--Duffy 21:17, 20 October 2010 (UTC) Sound editor icons is missing (images/features/icons/app_soundrecorder.png)--Duffy 21:17, 20 October 2010 (UTC) Back to top button at the wrong location (top). Do we still need them? If yes, they should go at the bottom, (anyone showing int the Overview tab)I think it would be necessary, especially for non-js browsers --Sijis 04:24, 18 October 2010 (UTC)
- Gwibber Tweets & Dents "learn more"-link is right next to "Overview"-link which makes it a bit hard to recognize
Audacity has a wrong icon (Inkscape) Disk Utility has the wrong icons (Vym Mind-Mapper) The "Get Fedora" section's bright green color is not pleasing to eyes (at least mine!)not a bug, sign such comments so we can discuss, okay? --Duffy 21:17, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- In the "Feature overview" section the "Our Apps", "Learn How" div is laying over the text. [Firefox 3.5.12 under 1360x768]
- CD/DVD Creator has wrong text (the text describes a vnc viewer and not a cd/dvd creation software)
- "FEDORA 14 DESKTOP EDITION" fields needs some padding on the left (I think it looks good as is --Sijis 04:28, 18 October 2010 (UTC))
in get-fedora-options, the "Get it here." link (under the title "Help, I just want Fedora!") is broken.--Sijis 23:28, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
Where are the pandas from the mockup? (the download splash has speech bubbles, but no pandas!)pandas! pandas! pandas! --Sijis 04:28, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
Header links for the Twitter div aren't bold anymore - was this on purpose?--Sijis 04:27, 17 October 2010 (UTC) Join images aren't centered horizontally--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC) "Latest Announcements" uses full text, so quotes the entire FWN, making the page really long(fixed by stickster) This is not fixed for me. The "Latest Announcements" column displays the entire FWN (in every languages)
Lowest Back to top button is out of place + too big--Sijis 00:17, 19 October 2010 (UTC) Needs some space between "More tutorials" section and "YOUR LIFE ON FEDORA"--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC) Some header strings (eg. "Tutorials, tips & tricks to make your Fedora experience awesome!") including those facts in the side of the header (in the tutorials, in the interviews and in the main Using Fedora page) aren't in the POT file, so they can't be translated.--Sijis 00:30, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
The 1 / 2 / 3 icons' colour looks a little off--Schendje 18:30, 19 October 2010 (UTC) The "1" isn't centered--Schendje 18:51, 19 October 2010 (UTC) The RH logo doesn't look like it's centered vertically with the text--Sijis 04:25, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
Headers should be switched (size-wise)--Schendje 18:52, 19 October 2010 (UTC) Still needs funny joke/picture :D--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
Things that break with in other languages
IMPORTANT: When noting a bug in this section, would you please also cite the language it happens with? Not all bugs happen across all langs. Thanks.
There are many visual problems with RTL (Right To Left) languages Fedora highlights has displays as multicolumn, but only one filled In the header, the Fedora logo is at the middle The header is one big mess The text is not starting from the right (add direction:rtl, it will fix most RTL problems) In the download splash, one of the speech bubbles is under the others.
- In the tutorials and interviews in using fedora, the secondary header (with the title of the page, "Using Fedora") isn't full width as in the English version of the website. fixed on firefox, still a problem on chrome Elad 17:22, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
"-- search filler --" divs have to move. This wil correct the "Red Hat community Project" wrong margin The slideshow right padding (margin?) is to high with Firefox4 (looks great under Chromium)need to check under several browsers The slideshow numbers are on the left using Chromium but looks great under Firefox4
main nav bar needs to be tuned down - idea - move 'contributors' out of 960 grid main nav bar needs exception for es... overview box height needs to be tuned up on features page about/help big center grey box nav bars need to expand automagically (seefi) fi / logo byline takes up two lines es / logo byline takes up two lines he (Hebrew) the OK button (אישור) is under and not beside the languages list (caused because אישור is a bit longer than OK)
- fr/fi (and probably more) on the index, details about the four fundations are too closer to their links.
Things that break with in specific browsers
- IE 7
- blue bar navigation background breaks in the navigation links (meaning it doesn't show up)
- sub nav color does not follow thru on other pages as well
- hosting image broken (js issue?)
- features subnav links appear not to work
Edit gradients to be more visible / edit colours--Schendje 00:04, 20 October 2010 (UTC) Broken links does not exist.--Schendje 01:15, 20 October 2010 (UTC) Features & Screen-shots > Creativity Features the 'Learn more' links for 'Agave Color Palette Chooser','Scribus','Simple Scan'--Schendje 01:15, 20 October 2010 (UTC) Features & Screen-shots > Office & Productivity the 'Learn more' links for 'GScan2PDF Text Recognition', 'Vym Mind-Mapper'--Schendje 01:15, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- Navigation Links and alikes in the bottom of the page navigates to the page but lands at the bottom of the page, else it should be at the top. (I can't replicate this, if i understand it correctly - --Sijis 23:30, 24 October 2010 (UTC))