Update Fedora's version of the GHC Haskell compiler to version 7.10.
GHC 7.10 is major new version of the de facto standard Haskell compiler released in 2015. This change involves updating ghc and associated packages and updating and rebuilding all the Haskell packages in Fedora built with ghc.
Benefit to Fedora
Update Fedora to the latest major stable version of GHC with many bugfixes and enhancements.
- Proposal owners:
- Create a Koji f25-ghc side tag for building all the packages [done]
- Update ghc and ghc-rpm-macros [done]
- Update and rebuild all the Haskell packages in the side tag [done]
- Once building is complete move all the side tag builds to Rawhide (before F25 branches) [done]
- Other developers: None
A few packages outside the Haskell SIG may need an update to build with ghc-7.10, but the Haskell SIG can provide assistance if needed.
- Release engineering: Sidetag (and secondary architecture building) will need assistance from release-engineering.
- List of deliverables: not affected
- Policies and guidelines: None
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Users will simply be upgraded to the new package versions: they may have to recompile their projects with the new version of ghc.
How To Test
dnf install ghc cabal-install pandoc
dnf install ghc-*-devel
andcabal install yesod
User will be able to use the latest stable version of ghc with many improvements and enhancements.
- Contingency mechanism: Stay with current version packaging
- Contingency deadline: Beta freeze
- Blocks release? No