Update LibreOffice suite to 7.6.
- Name: Mattia Verga
- Name: Gwyn Ciesla
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted release: Fedora Linux 39
- Last updated: 2023-09-12
- devel thread
- FESCo issue: https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3056
- Tracker bug: #2233232
- Release notes tracker: #1000
LibreOffice 7.6 is currently in Beta and the first stable release is currently scheduled during F39 development. We aim to bring the latest LibreOffice stable release in F39.
LO 7.6 has been branched on week 30 and the final release is scheduled by week 33 (Aug 14, 2023 - Aug 20, 2023). F39 Beta freeze is scheduled on Aug 22.
At the same time we plan to stop building LibreOffice for i686 architecture.
Benefit to Fedora
Make Fedora be in parity with upstream release, so users are not forced to switch to external Flatpaks.
- Proposal owners:
libreoffice package to the latest version and make sure the dependencies are updated.
This will be the first major update after Libreoffice-SIG take over maintenance from RH, so there might be a few troubles as the former maintainers were also able to contribute to upstream with patches.
- Other developers: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Release engineering: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
- Alignment with Community Initiatives: N/A (not needed for this Change)
How To Test
Users running F39 will get LO 7.6 and can use and test any regression from the previous release.
- Contingency mechanism: (What to do? Who will do it?) N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
N/A (not a System Wide Change)