Update the Mono stack in Fedora to 4.2 aca Cyle 6
- Name: Claudio Rodrigo Pereyra Diaz
- Email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Release notes owner:
Mono 4.2 is the last release of Cycle 6 from Xamarin. See more details at Mono 4.2.1
Benefit to Fedora
Keep mono stack update with many new features and more compatible with .net platform.
- Proposal owners:
Mono 4.2 is in rawhide now. Most of the application must work fine with this update. See 
- Other developers:
Need check proper build on alternative platforms like ppc64 and s390
- Release engineering: N/A
- List of deliverables: N/A
- Policies and guidelines: N/A
- Trademark approval: N/A
Need check that all app depend on mono work fine.
How To Test
Interested testers do not need special hardware. Take a given Mono application and test it against the Mono from rawhide or at this copr repo and verify it works:
User should note speedy improvement running Mono applications.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism: Keep with Mono 4.0 from F23
- Contingency deadline: Alpha Freeze
- Blocks release? No
- Blocks product? None