Switch from libmemcached to libmemcached-awesome
- Name: Remi Collet
- Email: remi at fedoraproject dot org
- Targeted release: Fedora 35
- Last updated: 2021-07-14
- FESCo issue: #2630
- Tracker bug: #1982415
- Release notes tracker: #715
- Jun 24th 2021 version 1.1.0 was released
- Package reviewed as #1975704 (approved)
- libmemcached-awesome package build in rawhide (1.1.0-3)
- libmemcache package retired
libmemcache 1.0.18 was released in February 2014, so hasn't received an update for 7 years.
libmemcache-awesome is a fork providing same libraries, tools with API/ABI compatibility.
The new package will obsolete libmemcached < 1.1 as it provides same content, API, tools, libraries, ...
Benefit to Fedora
Rely on a maintained project.
- Proposal owners: Check Koschei status. Test with latest version to ensure compatibility. Work with upstream on bug fixing. Needed mass rebuild (C extensions) done by change owner.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering:
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
- install and play with your application
Developers and system administrators will have the great benefit or running a maintained library.
- Contingency mechanism: API is the same, so there should not have any issue, else fix not compatible packages.
- Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
- Blocks product? product