qtile is a tiling window manager written in python. More can be found at the project's website
- Name: John Dulaney
- Email: <email@example.com>
- Release notes owner:
- Simple, small and extensible. It's easy to write your own layouts, widgets and commands.
- Configured in Python.
- Command shell that allows all aspects of Qtile to be managed and inspected.
- Complete remote scriptability - write scripts to set up workspaces, manipulate windows, update status bar widgets and more.
- Qtile's remote scriptability makes it one of the most thoroughly unit-tested window mangers around.
Benefit to Fedora
Bring a really slick window manager with an active upstream to Fedora.
- Proposal owners:
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
How To Test
- Install qtile (dnf install qtile)
- In desktop/session manager, select qtile
- log in
- Hit meta(Windows key) - r to bring up launcher on task bar at bottom of screen
- type firefox and hit enter
- Firefox should come up
- Use ctrl-meta-q to log out.
Nice, highly configurable, python-y awesomeness!
All dependencies are packaged, upstream has released 0.9.1
Package is in repos, change is in place.