The presentation found here is the same one used for the BarCamp talk.
do not forget the declaration for xml DOCTYPE docbook.dtd at the beginning.
- it may be used by tools (validators) or created by tools (Publican)
- it is used for validation
- cut and paste - but note book vs article
- first element must match declaration (book vs article)
- helps with repurposing content
- ie each chapter is in its own file. then the book/article just includes with appropriate chapters.
- can include any type - chapter, para, ...
- define the entity
!ENTITY DISTRO "The Susan spin of Fedora"
- inline or through a reference to a separate file (.ent file)
- publican will auto include (and use publican-fedora rpm for branding including this)
- use as
tools (for any xml not just docbook)
- xmlint - does it follow the dtd
- xsltproc - transforms to other types like pdf or html
- lots of older one and custom one.
- Fedora now including and using Publican
file.xml -> xsltproc -> file.fo -> fop -> file.pdf
- xsltproc read in style sheet
- fo is about layout
- can create template
create_book --brand=fedora --type=article --name=article2