(Redirected from FedoraEvents/Organization)
Event Organizers' Resources
There is a lot of preparation to do before an event. This guide will help you to not forget some parts.
Looking for ideas?
- Look in the Fedora Events list
How to participate in an event
- Visit the Fedora Events list and participate at an existing and already planned event to learn how stuff can be done.
Organize the participation at an event
- If you are involved in organizing an event for Fedora, please add it to the Fedora Events list and the calendar, so others can easily find it.
- It's a good idea to send an announcement to the ambassadors mailing list .
- For the planning of an event we suggest that you setup up a wiki page with the event name as title and all relevant information. Take this template if you are not familiar with the wiki.
- Attend your regional ambassador's meetings to find helping hands and promote your event.
- Big events like LinuxTag have a duration of 4 days. There has to be a person responsible for the accommodation aka is looking for a place to sleep. There are good reasons to stay at the same place because all ambassadors can eat together breakfast, it's easier to organize things for the leisure time, it helps save money and it's definitely more fun.
Media and Flyers
- If you have a small booth (only a small table), take your laptop with you and use it to show Fedora to the visitors.
- At larger booth you have the issue that you need more hardware especially larger TFTs. A good solution is to check if there is a Red Hat office in this city and then ask the people there to help out with hardware. This works very well.
- If needed, request an Event Box by filing a ticket in the appropriate regional Trac instance, if there is an event box available in your region.
- The Ambassador Polo Shirt is, of course if possible, the standard shirt for European events. With this shirt there is a difference to other project.
- Ambassador ButtonUp is available in NA.
- We suggest that all attendees wear the same shirt. It's easier for the visitors to identify a representative of the booth this way.
- Of course you are free in choice of your clothing but don't forget that you represent Fedora and not yourself. At a event we are more salesmen than somebody else.
- If you have any expenses on organizing you may get reimbursed. Request funding in your region's trac. In the request ticket, explain how much money you need and what you want to spend it on. Always get an approval before you spend money! Because there might not always be enough budget in your region to reimburse every request.
- Other ambassadors are always interested in your experience. What was good or bad? Where is potential to improve something?
- If you have, show us some pictures of the event. This is a good resource to see how the booth layout was and the surroundings.
- Join the ambassador's meetings in your region to recapitulate and answer open questions about the event.
- Check Reporting Guidelines to get help