From Fedora Project Wiki
- Search Bugzilla for bugs that need to be fixed.
- Once you have found a bug you want to work on, assign the ticket to yourself and update the status to ASSIGNED.
- Pull the source of the guide. All guides are in git on fedorahosted.org. To pull the code simply
git clone git+ssh://<fasid>@git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/<guide>.git.
- Create a new branch (you can replace bugfix with the bugzilla number or a name):
git checkout -b bugfix
- edit the file appropriately
- Add the edited file:
git add <file>
- Commit the file:
git commit <file>
- Create the patch:
git format-patch master
- Submit the patch to the bugzilla ticket and state that the ticket is ready for QA. Change the status to ON_QA.
- (Optional) delete your new branch with:
git branch -d bugfix
The bug will now be in the hands of the QA people who will check the text for spelling and grammar problems, DocBook tags, and check procedures. Once complete the guide owner, or you, can publish the change and close the bug.