14 March: 19:00 UTC Student application period opens... Deadline March 25, 1900 UTC !!!
The timeline is decided and published by Google, track it at the official page.
Following are specific guidelines for the students to follow, who are interested in submitting an application for the GSoC program through the Fedora Project. Please go through carefully and follow them. Incomplete applications will not be entertained after the deadline.
Following criterion should be fulfilled on or before the application deadline unless otherwise specifically noted.
- Create a FAS account FAS Account Signup / Login Page
- Join with fedora-summer-coding mailing list Fedora Summer Coding Mailing List
- Join with devel mailing list Devel Mailing List
- Chose a project for proposal from Summer_coding_ideas_for_2016
- Submit application/proposal on Google-Melange Google Melange Submission Page
What to write about in your proposal / application.
- Details on your previous FOSS contributions (if any).
- A detailed plan with your planned activities in May to September (eg: Exams in university, internships, vacations..etc)
- Bare mind - Remember to contact your mentor before you submit the application.
Mentors are more likely to accommodate summer travel if they know in advance
We DO NOT accept any document after Google student application deadline, all entries make after the deadline is ignored unless you have not informed to Org Admins! However if you have any difficulty to meet this requirement please let us know in advance (before the deadline).
What is the need of a detailed plan of my activities? It is important to get an idea about your free time and arrange things at the early stage. Therefore this is really important and try to make it accurate as much as possible.