Fedora Events: OpenRheinRuhr 2014 - Oberhausen, Germany
OpenRheinRuhr is a new free software trade show with conference and exhibition in the Rhine-Ruhr region, the largest metropolitan area in Germany. For more information please visit the OpenRheinRuhr website (German).
Date & Location
- Saturday and Sunday, the 8th and 9th of November 2014
- Rheinisches Industriemuseum, Oberhausen in NRW, Germany OpenStreetMap
|Name||Booth service||Attendance on Saturday||Attendance on Sunday||Hotel room from Friday to Saturday||Hotel room from Saturday to Sunday||Hotel Confirmed||comments|
- Fedora 20 install and/or live media, swag
- Table cloth
- a showcase laptop
- Hotel Haus Union
- ~1km far away from the main train station.
- 60€ / bed&night
- Hotel zum Eisenhammer
- ~1,6km far away
- 48€ onwards / bed&night
- Akzent Hotel
- closest to the event
- 59€ onwards / bed&night
- Zur Bauernstube Hotel & Gasthof
- ~2km far away
- ~46€ onwards / bed&night - low-budget
- if you like farmers style in the room
- low-budget (<45€) hotels can be found also in Mülheim (a.d.Ruhr), Essen or Duisburg: three cities nearby to Oberhausen
There will be a social event on Saturday evening (starting 18:00) right in the lobby of the exhibition hall. Food and drinks will be supplied by the organizers.
The event was as expected. But with a wider topic range like it was in the past. This time, there were more talks available: both for newbies as well as for nerds. I enjoyed the two days at some talks and at the boothes of Xfce/Geany and Fedora. This time, the Fedora booth was very small compared to all the other events I'd already joined. Unfortunately, some of the schedulded talks could not happen. I assume that was due to the strikes at german railways - so there were not much visitors, too.