This test case checks that a system enrolled in a domain can authenticate users correctly.
- Deploy a correctly-configured FreeIPA or Active Directory domain controller. You can follow:
- QA:Testcase_Server_role_deploy with the Domain Controller role to deploy a FreeIPA domain controller on Fedora 28 or earlier
- QA:Testcase_freeipa_trust_server_installation to deploy a FreeIPA domain controller on Fedora 29 or later
- QA:Testcase_Active_Directory_Setup to deploy an Active Directory domain controller
- Enrol a test system in the domain. There are various ways to do this. You will find several test cases you can follow in the Server release validation test cases, FreeIPA test cases, and Realmd test cases
- Ensure at least one user account is configured in the domain and authorized to log in to the test system in the access control configuration
How to test
- Attempt to log in to the test system using a valid domain user account with permission to log into the test system
- The login attempt must succeed.