A complete installation using advanced custom partitioning (blivet-gui) and LVM with thin provisioning for system partitions.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the Advanced Custom (Blivet-GUI) option is selected under Storage Configuration, and complete this screen.
- On the BLIVET GUI PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Create any necessary bootloader partitions (e.g. EFI system partition for UEFI installs, PReP boot partition for PowerPC installs).
- Create a
/bootpartition and set the device type to ext4 or xfs.
- Create a new LVM volume group device and select it.
- Create a new device in the LVM volume group, set its device type to LVM2 Logical Volume and its filesystem type to swap, and give it an appropriate size for a swap partition.
- Create a new device in the LVM volume group, set its device type to LVM2 ThinPool and make it large enough to contain a root partition.
- Create a new device in the thin pool, set its mount point to
/and its filesystem type to xfs or ext4, and make it sufficiently large for a root partition.
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.