From Fedora Project Wiki
A complete installation using the ext4 file system for the root partition.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the Custom option is selected under Storage Configuration, and complete this screen.
- On the MANUAL PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Pick Standard partition from the New mount points will use the following partitioning scheme drop-down
- Click the Click here to create them automatically link
- Select the root filesystem (
- Check the File System field. If it is not set to ext4, change it to ext4 and click Update settings
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.