From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case tests whether you can successfully select a particular target device during a guided partitioning-based system installation.
- Prepare a test system with two or more working, supported storage devices of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
- Ensure at least one of the devices contains some form of data (for later verification that it was left alone).
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Select only one of the target devices you prepared as the installation target disk (if you have one populated and one empty disk, choose the empty one).
- Ensure the option to let the installer handle partitioning is set, and complete this screen.
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The device(s) not selected as install target disks should not be touched by the installation process.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.