1For SCaLE 8x Event.
Work on the Summer Coding SIG needs.
Friday 19 February, Kennedy room, Westin Hotel LAX
- 7:30 - advance team sneaks in to the room
- 8:30 - get started
- 8 to 8:45 am - introductions
- 8:45 to 9:00 - define and assign tasks
- 9:00 to Noon - get stuff done
- Noon to 1:15 - Lunch
- 1:15 to 5:30 pm - get stuff done
- 5:30 to 5:45 - clean-up
- 6 pm - FAD dinner at nearby, oceanside eatery
- Complete write-up for mentoring sub-projects and students about who, what, where, when, how, and why.
- Complete workflow so mentors, admins, and SIG members know who, what, where, when, how, and why.
- Public facing who, what, where, when, how, and why content.
- Write-ups on GSoC 2010
- GSoC 2010 sub-project how-to
- GSoC 2010 plan
- Publicity plan
- Mentoring sub-projects
- Workflow - how the whole process works for the full year
- Documentation needs
- Publicity plan
Workflow to get this FAD done:
- Write GSoC 2010 plan
- That populates GSoC 2010
- Which gives us enough for GSoC 2010 sub-project how-to
- Blog about it
- Tell the Summer Coding SIG about it
- Profit (finally)!
- Rotating door monitor (Larry Cafiero to start)
- Event leader (Karsten Wade)
- People doing stuff
- Visitors who want to learn and observe
Nuts and bolts
- Extension cords and power strips - in event box
- Wireless router with ethernet ports - in event box
- Something to show visitors
- OLPCs in update mode
- Other booth hardware in update mode
- Livespin being made and booted?
Food and such
Bringing own food. See event organizers outside of the event for your allotment of food to carry in your own bag.
One of us will have a backpack full of coffee.